Salut à tous!

Alles rund um Snowkiten

Moderator: KA1111

Salut à tous!

Postby stefFZ » Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:41 pm

Hi to all of you,

i am a kiter/surfer from South of France. We (me, my wife and our 3 young sons) are from time to time in Austria (as my wife is Autrian). We usually spend with the kids some time in Obersdorf (close to bad Mitterndorf) where I do some snowkiting if snow permits. This was last week:

in quite a good wind but the snow was not that great and it was raining when we left on Sunday (despite some snow falls on Saturday night).

This year we are in Graz until the end of April. I was wondering if I could get some tips as to where to go snowkiting -- I usually snowboard but I switched to skis last year (easier with the kids + with the skins I don't have to carry my snowboard on my backpack). I am all in sharing some sessions -- with the family we can camp in our small truck as well (I will have to finish a few things first).

Best.

Stef
stefFZ
beginner

Re: Salut à tous!

Postby Hardy » Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:24 pm

Salut Stef, not far from Graz is the "Saualpe" (@ Picture).
At current temperatures no more snow in the valley.
The coming weeks the Saualpe would be interesting.

Simply enter in Google Maps: Saualpe

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvOszLMiJNU

Espérons que cela fonctionne

Hardy
"Sometimes in the morning, when it's a good surf, I go out there, and I don't feel like it's a bad world."

Hardy
pro

Re: Salut à tous!

Postby stefFZ » Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:46 pm

Thanks for the reply! Vowwww!

I'll have look to google maps (hopefully I can get a better internet connection soon - with Drei it is really really painful where I am). Is it a long way up here? Skins are enough? Kite?

Can I go up with the familiy or find them a good place mid-way and sleep around there in the truck (allrad + snow tires + 2 pair of chains) at night? (PM if needed)

Best,
Stef
stefFZ
beginner

Return to Snowkiten